Wednesday, November 22, 2017

100th post

Background: After posting #99, I (Arun/Shock) requested Atul/Vindo to suggest a 100th post. Remember, once Atul's Father himself had narrated his son's adventures to us while he came visiting his son in US. This time, Atul fwdd the request to his wife and said she can contribute (hats off to you Atul...) Eventually, seeing that his wife was a bit shy to send, Atul himself sent us this selfie !!!!!

----------------------------------------------

In 2006 summer, my parent visited for my graduation and we made some great road trips (New York --- Phillidelphia --- Pittsburg---Urbana Champaign---Minneapolis--Iowa---Omaha---West Lafayette--- places in W. Virginia---back), etc and everything went well. But on the day, I had to drive my parent to the Newark Airport (from College Park), we went to do some small shopping and my car stopped! It turns out I had put-off filling gas and forgotten about it. It was summer and my dad and I walked a mile in the hot sun, got some gasoline in a can with a funnel and filled it in the tank. It was a bit of an adveture but we had enough time to drive to relax and drive to the airport.

Now fast forward, 2017 summer...Smitha, our two kids, my parents and I made a week long road trip to Canada. We had a wonderful time, and on the way back everyone was googling different opition for a tasty lunch and decided on a place 30 minutes away (I was driving during all this)...and suddenly the car was unable to accelerate, then began to slow down, so I got on to the shoulder and stopped...again we were out of gas! Luckily I called AAA and someone came in 45 mins but the gas he brought wasn't enough, so he made another trip to the gas station and we were all set to continue...ofcourse it was too late to reach that restaurant for lunch but we found a nearby place for a quick lunch anyway.

No comments: