Monday, October 30, 2017

post #99

Year 2000 . Prof 3-letter-initial (he was a favorite during those days) at IIT Chennai is teaching us some course - he is actually from humanities, teaching us a few classes of an elective.

In between the class he keeps asking students - "what is the time" ? "how much time left" ? etc. Students were confused, for he wore a watch. Is it not working ? But this happens everytime

He understood that students are curious, why in spite of a watch he keeps asking for time.

He explains: "You see, people have the habit of keeping your watch fast so that you are not late. But then since you know how fast your watch is, you mentally calculate back and again become late. So, everyday morning, I first set my watch as correct time. Then I close my eyes and fwd it randomly, so that I dont know how fast it is"

Brilliant, isn't it ? And then what does he do ? keep asking others for the right time.

Now you know why IITians like us are different.

No comments: