Monday, October 08, 2007

Ciggie and Don

When Don came to house he used to smoke very less but since then his stamina of smoking is on steady rise. Now one pack is barely enough for a day. When we used to play soccer he used to pant and on my pressing he even tried to quit smoking. Once I tried to keep his packs in my room and I would give him few ciggies per day as ration but it didn't work. And he is also very generous in offering cigarette to others. For some days even I was afraid of developing casual smoking to habit. One of our friends, Anmol, sometimes comes to house to smoke. Now he doesn't come that often. I asked why? He said "yaar jab bhi tumhare ghar aata hoon Don cigarette pila deta hai aur mein to kabhi kabhi pine wala aadmi hoon. I can't bear that much.", where other things failed Don's generosity worked.
Today I asked him when will he start quiting. He said "shaadi karne ke baad chhod doonga. ab tak single hoon peeni padegi". So no price in guessing who, rather what, is Don's current soulmate.

No comments: