Friday, March 04, 2005

A Pleasant Surprise

Contributed by Saurabh Jain
-----------------------------

Sometimes even the most meticulous people can do a blunder....

December 2004, After my graduation I am moving to "LaLa Land" California for a job. My mallu friend's ever creative mind tells him, why not throw Saurabh a surprise farewell party. He takes pain (well not really, he just loves it) and write a few emails to quite a few common friends, convincing the guys (and girls ofcourse) to attend the party and make my day. Poor guys, most of 'em having final exam in a couple of days, couldn't say no to "The Shock" (would have definitely cursed me though).

Here comes the interesting part, excited shock knocks at my door asking me my email password. Its not that I don't trust him but you know....... its my email password...... After asking a zillion times, Shock tells me that he has sent me an email which I am not supposed to read so he wants to log in and delete that mail from my account.

Yes, he has included my email address also in the "Surprise Party" email which he sent to other people. Well I did got some idea as to whats going on but not to the extent it actually happened... It was great.

Moral of the Story: Every "Shock" has his day.

No comments: